This modern house was designed for clients with very specific functional needs. The owners bought this site on a steep slope on the hills of Kigo in Entebbe and were looking to develop a beautiful but easy-to-navigate home given the steep nature of the site.
The idea behind
The architectural design for this modern house was based on an organizing concept in which the 3 levels were distinctly layered, arranged so as to ease access between the floors as well as maximize the views.
- An intermediate level, is the main entrance and is the same level as the access road, It’s at this level that guests access the house through a solid teka pivoted door. Almost without any warning the guest are greeted with vast views of the golf course of Lake Victoria Serena Resort. This ground floor is the hub and central meeting point of the residence.
- The lowest level, is partially buried in the ground, and is more intimate than the intermediate level. This level houses the kids’ bedrooms, TV lounge and guest suite. From here, their teenage kids can retreat to their own private spaces.
- The highest level, can be accessed from the intermediate level. This top-most level houses the parents’ penthouse-like suite that has expansive views of the Lake Victoria Serena Resort. Large, flexible, sliding glass doors lead to a large outdoor terrace with a roof top garden.
This modern house is finished with light monochrome colors both inside and outside, a factor that reinforces its minimalist style.
The entrance ground floor features,
- Visitors WC/bathroom,
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area.
- breakfast area,
- Self-contained maid’s room
- Large open terrace
The lower ground floor features,
- 2 Kids Bedrooms,
- Shared WC/bathroom,
- TV lounge,
- En-suite guest bedroom,
- Open Terrace
The upper 1st floor features,
- Master bedroom complete with a walk-in-closet,
- Master bathroom featuring a glass shower, bathtub with a vanity area with his & hers wash hand basins.
- Open terrace